January 26th, 2012
Web development tactics aren’t rocket science, but it’s easy to feel lost if you are just starting a website for your business. We totally understand that, which is why we’re writing this post to help you begin thinking about what web development exactly entails. Before you call us to complete all the behind-the-scenes functionality, you should know a little about what we might ask you.
- What style do you like for your website? Looking at online resources like Smashing Magazine, Dzine Blog, Web Design Ledger, and Speckyboy, which all provide examples of different styles from vintage and single page to illustrative sites and minimalist sites. Here is a great place to start looking for inspiration, actually.
- What images and colors are essential to your design? Most companies have corporate logos, images, and certain colors that are the essence of their brands. You may still be developing your brand and looking for web development Toronto services that can help fine-tune this part of the process too, which is okay.
- What information do you most want your visitors to see? Your navigation menu should direct people right where you want them quickly and easily. Websites should be as simple to use as humanly possible to avoid high bounce rates (which mean that no one is sticking around long enough to buy either!)
- Do you need content as part of your web development Toronto package? Most web designers have access to professional writers who can build your blog or web content as the web designer builds your website.
- What keywords do you want to focus on? Don’t fret if you don’t know the answer to this question, but you might want to spend a little time looking at Google AdWords’ Keyword Tool to help you target your audience and appear competitively in the search engines.
Need help with your web development in Toronto? Call us today for a free consultation!